“It’s All About P.A.T.H.” Agility Seminar with Mary Lou Hanlon
Precise, Accurate, Tactical Handling
June 3rd & 4th at K9JYM - Colmar, PA
JUNE 3rd, 2017 – Saturday from 9am to 5pm
One Hour PRIVATE LESSONS w/ Mary Lou Available!
6 Private Lessons Available
Work one-one-one with Mary Lou for a full hour in K9JYM's beautiful, 100x100 ft., climate-controlled agility ring! Use the whole hour yourself, or share with a friend. Lesson = $155
Priority scheduling will go to those who also sign-up for a Sunday working spot.
Sign-up for a private lesson AND a working spot at the seminar - and SAVE!
JUNE 4th, 2017 – Sunday from 9am to 5pm
“It’s All About P.A.T.H.” Agility Seminar
12 Working Spots ~ Limited Auditing Spots
Learn how to determine and execute the most efficient path for your dog.
Present four teams an agility course and see it ran six different ways. And today, placement can come down to 1/100th of a second – so every step counts. Determining the most efficient P.A.T.H. for you and your dog can make all the difference!
Using Mary Lou Hanlon’s Precise, Accurate Tactical Handling techniques, all participants will get the opportunity to join in the discussion on course analysis. Working teams will then get the chance to put their plan into action.
Since every course offers a new challenge, this is one of those seminars that just gets better when repeated.
Select items from hititboard.com will be available for sale on Sunday.
Pizza Party for lunch on Sunday – An email for preorders will be sent out.
Topics to Include:
- How to maximize the use of your course map
- How to see the course thru the eyes of your dog
- How to maximize your course walk-thru time
- How to choose the best handling maneuvers to negotiate your dog on the most efficient line
- What is the best timing to use when performing various handling maneuvers
- When course design offers a choice of whether to turn left or right on a jump, what should you consider
About Mary Lou Hanlon
Mary Lou is known for her enthusiastic approach to teaching her students and their dogs. She believes in breaking skills down for both dog and handler alike in appropriate steps that enhances communication with each team.
She also revolutionized the training of contacts, whether running or stopped, by creating the “Hit It!” board and “Touch It!”. Select items will be available for sale at the seminar! You can see them at her website at www.hititboard.com.
Complete and mail-in a registration form with enclosed check. A confirmation email will be sent once received.
Auditors (ONLY) can also register ONLINE with a credit card at:
DogMatchShows.com (available March 1st) or K9JYM.com.
Need a registration form?
Saturday Lessons = $155
- Email for a lesson time, or we will contact you after receiving your registration.
- Priority scheduling will go to those who also sign-up for a Working Spot on Sunday.
- SAVE = Sign-up for both a Private Lesson AND a Working spot = $260
Sunday WORKING Spots = $135
- Dogs should be 18-mos and up.
- Exercises will be broken down to accommodate teams appropriately.
- Should be capable of JWW courses; skill level of the exercises will be geared towards challenges seen in open/excellent courses.
- Trialing is NOT necessary, but the team should be sequencing.
- Quiet crating nearby in adjacent ring.
Sunday AUDITORS = $45
- Auditors of ALL levels welcome!
- Bring your own chair
Checks will be kept and not deposited until April 1st.
NO REFUNDS after April 1st - NO EXCEPTIONS